Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Highlights from October 2009

Since the downfall of our computer keyboard, blogging has been a little more time consuming. (For those of you who don't know, our "n" and "b" keys no longer work because Mark spit up on the keyboard. A skype catastrophe. So... we have to copy and paste all n's and b's. It's actually quite comical--- at times.) The point is I'm behind in documenting our lives. I guess for the vast majority of you this is not a big deal (or even a deal at all). However, I'm having a hard time with the thought of skipping over these fun tid bits of our lives in order to catch up, so I won't. Here they are.

Chris gets his grill. (a birthday present from pretty much every family member) His first meal: pork chops. YUM! :-)

We had a pumpkin carving party with the 8th grade girls from youth group. What a blast! They are so much fun to be around!

Mark's Great Poppie (my grandfather) and Loie came to visit and see our new home for the first time. Great Poppie made the dinner--He's my favorite cook :-) It was a real treat!

My cute Purdue fans :-)
Mark's 7 month picture

Mark's favorite pastime...hoodie strings!
In October I surprised my family with a trip to new Jersey. We had an awesome time! Here are some pictures to document the festivities...


All the Hanlon women & Mark
3 generations
Finally, at the very end of October (halloween), we spent the day with 2 of my roommates from college and their husbands. It was a blast!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Leanne, for putting these up!

    I know it was difficult, I counted SO MANY n's. Great seeing you this weekend. Once you get the new keyboard, I can't wait to see the update from last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Jersey's favorite pasttime is also hoodie strings! We have to keep them tucked inside our hoddies... What a coincidence :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are the best! I cam't wait to see you im a couple of weeks! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Why the name "Drinking From Our Saucer"?

The full phrase is "I'm drinking from my saucer because my cup is overflowing." It came from Chris's grandmother who would say it when she would get overwhelmed with her blessings. Through the years the phrase has been shortened to "I'm drinking from my saucer!" We thought it was a perfect fit for a blog that documented God's many blessings to us.