Monday, March 22, 2010

February Highlights- Part 3

Aunt Emily Visits
I'm finally getting to our last February entry (and we're almost at the end of March!!). The last weekend in February Chris's sister, Emily, surprised us with a visit. We shared many laughs and good conversations. We loved watching Aunt Emily dote on her baby nephew. She is magical with the little ones!! She is also gifted in the realm of art. I spent much of the weekend in amazement over her recent artwork. I love it!! She's also quite generous with her talent--- She blessed us with 4 new pieces of artwork!! It is such a gift to have our home filled with beautiful and fun artwork created by family members. Between my talented Aunt Gwen and Mark's talented Aunt Emily our new home is almost completely decorated :-)




Ashley, Brandon & Baby Z Visit
Our dear friends Ashley and Brandon are expecting their first little one at the beginning of May. We were thrilled when they scheduled a visit even during this busy season of their life. As always we all had a great time together. We even splurged on a little Graeter's Ice cream...yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why the name "Drinking From Our Saucer"?

The full phrase is "I'm drinking from my saucer because my cup is overflowing." It came from Chris's grandmother who would say it when she would get overwhelmed with her blessings. Through the years the phrase has been shortened to "I'm drinking from my saucer!" We thought it was a perfect fit for a blog that documented God's many blessings to us.