Thursday, April 23, 2015

A month we needed...

We’ve been in Japan for a little over a month now.  There are so many things to write about… I’m not sure where to even begin.  The first month we lived with a sweet missionary couple while we waited for our house to become available.  I must admit I was pretty nervous about going through the biggest transition of our family’s life while living in someone else’s home.  If I could have wished it away, I would have. I might as well let the secret out now--- my kiddos are not perfect.  Every now and again we see their sin nature.   I just wasn’t prepared to have any meltdowns or sibling rivalries on display for a month.  If you’re picking up on a little pride in my heart, you’re tracking with me well.  Now, after living through the month, I’m so glad I wasn’t able to “wish it away”!  It was exactly what we needed to get adjusted to our new reality here in Japan.   There was a lot of help and even more grace given by the host couple.  (I could fill up a lot of space listing all the blessings from living with this family.) The month was a good reminder that God knows what we need more than we do.  He knows the future.  He knows ours hearts. He knew we needed the month to get situated in Japan AND He knew I needed the month to work on the pride in my heart. 


Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding."
Isaiah 55:8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why the name "Drinking From Our Saucer"?

The full phrase is "I'm drinking from my saucer because my cup is overflowing." It came from Chris's grandmother who would say it when she would get overwhelmed with her blessings. Through the years the phrase has been shortened to "I'm drinking from my saucer!" We thought it was a perfect fit for a blog that documented God's many blessings to us.