Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 9: Happy birthday Aunt Sarah

Day 9: Monday

We picked the perfect day to celebrate Sarah’s birthday: Japan was experiencing a typhoon!! (Whoever thought we would experience a typhoon?!?) It actually wasn’t as thrilling as I’d imagined…lots of rain and a bit of wind. We had a terrific time nestled indoors. We began the day with German pancakes (a Harrington family birthday tradition). Then we opened presents, worked on a birthday cake, played some Wii Resort and Settlers (of course), made some hair bows, and the guys ended the day with a visit to the onsen. It was all around good family fun!!






Uncle Chris and Calvin journaling together.

Mark, my messy eater :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why the name "Drinking From Our Saucer"?

The full phrase is "I'm drinking from my saucer because my cup is overflowing." It came from Chris's grandmother who would say it when she would get overwhelmed with her blessings. Through the years the phrase has been shortened to "I'm drinking from my saucer!" We thought it was a perfect fit for a blog that documented God's many blessings to us.