Wednesday, January 27, 2010

December Highlights (Part 2)

Mark and Piper...good buddies
From time to time I get the privilege of watching the adorable Piper Gray. Mark loves having his playmate over (and mom loves the help in entertaining him!).

Can it get any cuter than this??? (I submit that it cannot!)

"Christmas" at our New House
We couldn't pass up having some sort of Christmas experience in our new home with our perfect Christmas tree. (not to mention I was looking for an excuse to allow Mark to wear his "My 1st Christmas" pj's more than once) So we celebrating Christmas morning the weekend before we headed out of town for Christmas. My parents had graciously sent all of our Christmas gifts via UPS which we happily opened for the occasion.
loving life in the Christmas PJ's his grandma got for him

Christmas at the Harringtons in Richmond
I tend to dream about my baby's "firsts." His first Easter, road trip, Thanksgiving....and Christmas. I imagined him squealing with the excitement of ripping the wrapping paper. I imagined him darting from gift to gift exploring the ribbons and bows. I even imagined him enjoying the boxes more than the gifts because everyone warned us of that. Unfortunately my imaginations were a far cry from the real events of the morning. The wrapping paper--he could take it or leave it. Boxes--AFRAID!! Excitement--lets just say he went down for 2 naps during the opening of gifts. But you know what?? Christmas morning he loved his gifts, playing with his Aunts and Uncles, and being the perfect little snuggle bug. I wouldn't trade it for the world! :-) We had fun and I'm pretty sure he did too. We did manage to get a few pics of my attempts to fulfill my anticipations.


1 comment:

  1. Piper, this is Dad!! What I want to know is...what are you doing in Mark's room??!! (I'm kidding...of course...Mark is a standup little man!!).

    ReplyDelete

Why the name "Drinking From Our Saucer"?

The full phrase is "I'm drinking from my saucer because my cup is overflowing." It came from Chris's grandmother who would say it when she would get overwhelmed with her blessings. Through the years the phrase has been shortened to "I'm drinking from my saucer!" We thought it was a perfect fit for a blog that documented God's many blessings to us.