Saturday, January 9, 2010

November 2009 Highlights

Aunt Beth Visits:
Aunt Beth drove out from NJ to visit and to help paint the nursery. Long story short we painted it 3 times. But 3rd time is a charm because I LOVE the new color! Beth was super patient with me and she's excellent with the paint brush. Thanks Aunt Beth!

Mark Crawls (11-8-2009):
During Aunt Beth's Visit, Mark crawled for the first time. Beth and I were out for the big event, but Chris was there to witness and video tape.


Aunt Molly's Grove City College Interview Weekend:
Mimi, Papa, Uncle Ben, and Aunt Molly stayed with us the weekend Molly had her interview for Grove City. We did a lot of dreaming. "If Molly gets in..." I love reminiscing when your know how the story unfolds... Aunt Molly was accepted to Grove City College and will be attending in the fall!!! Congratulations Molly!! We couldn't be happier for you (and us...to have you so close is a dream!).
Papa feeds Mark
Uncle Ben's #1 Fan

Thanksgiving:
The Hanlons came out to OH the week leading up to Thanksgiving. We were like kids on Christmas Eve as we waited for their arrival. They loved the house (it was their first introduction to it). My dad went right to work (as usual). He installed wonderful cabinets in our laundry room and child safety latches in our kitchen. I might add-- neither one of the jobs was easy. Thank you Dad!! After their visit we drove out to NJ for Thanksgiving. My Aunt Gwen hosted a fabulous dinner. A good time was had by all. Mark seemed to enjoy his first Thanksgiving, although he definitely did NOT enjoy turkey. I was kinda bummed. Oh well.


We took a break from the festivities for a family photo shoot. photographer: my Uncle Bill (it's such a gift to have some photography talent in the family!)


Katie, the youngest of the Hanlon kids, celebrated her sweet 16 during our visit. I can't believe it---my baby sister is 16!! Katie, I admire your servant's heart. You consistently look for how you can help and don't seem to ever think twice about it. My prayer for you is to see your servant's heart bring people to Christ. Happy Sweet 16!! I love you!

3 comments:

  1. These are some great photos, thanks for posting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love! love! ...how's google reader working for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leanne,

    How are you and Chris doing? JB gave me your blogging address and told me to check out the blog. Mark seems to be doing great! Way to go on the crawling. And he's quite a talker. :) Hopefully, you guys are having a nice winter.

    Lauren Salinas

    ReplyDelete

Why the name "Drinking From Our Saucer"?

The full phrase is "I'm drinking from my saucer because my cup is overflowing." It came from Chris's grandmother who would say it when she would get overwhelmed with her blessings. Through the years the phrase has been shortened to "I'm drinking from my saucer!" We thought it was a perfect fit for a blog that documented God's many blessings to us.