Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Creator


"Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created." -Rev 4:11


I learned to sew a month ago and frankly I was obsessed when I first started. My thoughts were swarming with figuring out how to create new things with beautiful fabrics and thread. I couldn't wait for nap time so I could get out my wonderful hand-me-down sewing machine and work on creating. Before this discovery I wouldn't have classified myself as a creative person-- I like to try to copy others' creativity but never really come up with something on my own. After my sewing experience I would definitely say I'm creative--- I'd say we're all "creative." We are made in the image of God and God is certainly creative. You may have already thought about this but I really hadn't until my afternoons with the sewing machine. I would find myself repetitively saying, "Lord, thank you so much for letting me create!" And then my thoughts would wander to His beautiful & perfect creation (God didn't need a seam ripper!!). Sometimes the ugliness of sin disguises the reality that we're created in God's likeness. It was neat to be reminded of it in the most unlikely of places: bent over a sewing machine!

As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness. - Ps. 17:15

For fun, here are some of the things I made. I'm loving them!!

Mark's sling (inspired my Aunt Sarah's)
My diaper & wipes cases-- these are so much better than my plastic bag!!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE THEM! You are too cute! Can't wait to see your creativity in person. :) We are excited to visit the new Harrington abode!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Leanne! I knew in Jo-Ann's that you were creative... these are amazing! Etsy - watch out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Leanne, Sorry I haven't gotten to call you back. My phone died and I can't find my charger anywhere! Any chance you and Chris brought home an extra black cell phone charger by accident? I only ask because it has seemed to completely disappear!

    ReplyDelete

Why the name "Drinking From Our Saucer"?

The full phrase is "I'm drinking from my saucer because my cup is overflowing." It came from Chris's grandmother who would say it when she would get overwhelmed with her blessings. Through the years the phrase has been shortened to "I'm drinking from my saucer!" We thought it was a perfect fit for a blog that documented God's many blessings to us.