Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

Chagrin Falls Blossom Festival
I love summers in the Cleveland area. There are hardly any weekends that go by without at least one festival. Memorial Day weekend sports the Blossom Festival in Chagrin Falls. This summer we had the added bonus of bringing my mom and sisters to it. Although it was extremely HOT, we still had a blast soaking up all the activities. We also enjoyed feasting on the yummy corn dogs, lemonade, and funnel cakes (of course!) :-)


Mark got a temporary tattoo-- I couldn't tell if he was fascinated or afraid-- either way, Chris and I thought it was cool :-)
Spending Time with the Fam
The rest of the weekend we spent gardening, playing badminton, going to see a movie, and visiting with my Poppie and Loie. My mom brought out some wonderful plants to spruce up our front flower beds. When I said "we gardened" I really should have said everyone but me gardened. I was in my first trimester of this second pregnancy and boy was I wiped!! Everyone was very understanding and super sweet to beautify my flower beds for me :-) It was a superb weekend!


Great Poppie brought Mark a very cool interactive book. It was an excellent distractor at the restaurant.

Mark was loving the idea of sharing food with Great Poppie. He especially loved his soup!
My sweet little boy is growing up too fast --
doesn't he look exceptionally dapper in this photo??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why the name "Drinking From Our Saucer"?

The full phrase is "I'm drinking from my saucer because my cup is overflowing." It came from Chris's grandmother who would say it when she would get overwhelmed with her blessings. Through the years the phrase has been shortened to "I'm drinking from my saucer!" We thought it was a perfect fit for a blog that documented God's many blessings to us.