Wednesday, June 22, 2011

2 Victory Candles in One Night?!?



I didn't wake up this morning thinking we'd be potty training our 2 year old little boy. I definitely didn't wake up this morning thinking that I would only use 1 singular diaper for our little man all day. And I certainly didn't imagine we'd have multiple successful trips to the bathroom which (for the record) included both tinkle and poopy!! But we did and we've been celebrating all night!!! Congratulations, Mark, on successfully completing day one of potty training!! I know we will have many hurdles along the way but for now we rejoice in your many victories today!!

If that wasn't shocking enough.... our little baby girl decided to surprise us all with sitting up on her own!!! It was as sudden as the potty training. This morning she was tipping over just seconds after we placed her down. This afternoon she was sitting up for minutes AND was able to look all around!! Hip hip Hooray for Lillia Mae!!

Needless to say, we handed out 2 victory candles at dinner tonight. ---although, Mark got to blow out both of them :-)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the Harrington traditions - victory candles, birthday pancakes, good things...Brings me back to when Chris introduced us to them, and I thought then that he would be such a great dad. Turns out I was right!

    ReplyDelete

Why the name "Drinking From Our Saucer"?

The full phrase is "I'm drinking from my saucer because my cup is overflowing." It came from Chris's grandmother who would say it when she would get overwhelmed with her blessings. Through the years the phrase has been shortened to "I'm drinking from my saucer!" We thought it was a perfect fit for a blog that documented God's many blessings to us.