Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Praise the Lord!

Chris and I have been doing the "read the Bible in 90 days" challenge this summer. It has been an amazing experience to say the least--- especially doing it together. We were amazed by the commitment of Chris's younger siblings (Molly, Ben, and Ross) and their youth group who are all doing it and are currently in the New Testament.... (Way to Go!!) Chris and I are in Psalms and I can't think of a better place to be right now. First of all having just read through the history of the children of Israel and the many trials and victories in the life of David, the Psalms have a greater richness this time around. Secondly, reading a large selection of them in a day makes me want to mimic their writers and shout for joy, praise the Lord, and sing praises to our Maker :-) Finally, on the more personal side--- August has been a month of many trials (actually... I should say frustrations). No, we haven't had any loss of life, hospital stays, or job tragedies. It's just been material mishaps with our home or cars that come one right after the other and my silly daily stomach pain... but they've been threatening our daily joy and praise to the Lord. That said, I want use this post to praise the Lord. God good--- all the time!

"Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever. Let the redeemed of the Lord say so!" -Ps 107:1

"I will praise the Lord with my whole heart, In the assembly of the upright and in the congregation. The works of the Lord are great, studied by all who have pleasure in them. His work is honorable and glorious, and His righteousness endures forever." Ps. 111:1-3

"Blessed be the name of the Lord from this time forth and forevermore! From the rising of the sun to its going down the Lord's name is to be praised. " Ps 113:2-4

"I will love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer: My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised!" -Ps 18:1-3

"In Your presence is fullness of joy... As for me, I will see your face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied when I awake with Your likeness." Ps 16:11 & 17:15

"Oh, love the Lord, all you His saints!" Ps. 31:23

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to be getting to know you, Leanne. Reading this makes my heart happy. (aside from all your trials, of course!) Are you guys using a special Bible Study Guide to take you through it, or are you just doing it on your own? I would love to do something like this.

    ReplyDelete

Why the name "Drinking From Our Saucer"?

The full phrase is "I'm drinking from my saucer because my cup is overflowing." It came from Chris's grandmother who would say it when she would get overwhelmed with her blessings. Through the years the phrase has been shortened to "I'm drinking from my saucer!" We thought it was a perfect fit for a blog that documented God's many blessings to us.